Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday evening July 9, 2013

This will be an interesting experience for me.  Starting back to school later in life has been both challenging and rewarding when it comes to using my computer.  Before this I was happy to know how to cut and paste (took several tries to get it right) and send a successful email.  Now I can navigate the school website, effectively research and find credible information, use APA correctly, and much to my amazement I have learned how to do a power point presentation.  Look at me now, I am blogging. Up till now I had never even read a blog. Being able to put my fears aside and tackle this new phase of my life has been an adventure, but one that has enriched my life and allowed me to grow in so many ways.  I can now confidently say that we are never too old to follow our passions and redefine who we are.  If we don't take the risk we never know what could have been.  I look forward to getting to know all of you as we share this blogging adventure together.

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. I envy you that you find this experience exciting. Truly I do. I find that I don't enjoy this at all and I wish I could make peace with it. Good luck to you in this class. I look forward to reading your positive thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned over the years that if I go into a situation that I dread and can see that I won't enjoy, finding even a nugget of something positive in the situation makes it much more bearable. And there are even times that I realize though the process that I actually end up liking it. Maybe you don't enjoy the blogging, but perhaps being able to connect with different classmates in this forum will put a smile on your face from time to time. I remember the first class I had here that required us to do a power point presentation. I had never done anything like that and to be honest the thought of trying to learn it seemed impossible at first and I didn't see that I would be able to enjoy anything about it. Being very creative I decided to focus on that aspect and not on the actual task of figuring it out. My goal was to just survive it. Well, low and behold I now enjoy doing power points and using my creativity in that direction. Of course some situations just suck and we never end up enjoying them, but the ride is easier if we try to find a bright spot. I hope that you find that bright spot in this class :))

      Delete